“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” – Aesop
- Make a personal gift. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law and make a significant difference in our fight to end hunger and homelessness in our community. Gifts can be donated in their entirety or spread out over several years.
- Make a planned gift. Include Good Shepherd Center as a beneficiary of your estate. Become a member of the Shepherd Society and help ensure the future for our neighbors in crisis. For more information, call Jane Birnbach at 910-763-4424 x110.
- Be a part of our tribute program. Through this highly regarded program, you can celebrate a special occasion or remember someone you miss with a gift honoring a friend or loved one. We will send an acknowledgement as you direct.
- Help out at our office. We have envelopes to stuff, photos to pick, faxes to send, copies to make and a database to keep up to date! For more information about volunteering, please contact Liz Carbone at 910-763-4424 x101.
- Volunteer at an event. Help set up our registration tables, greet our guests, support our auctions. Each year, Good Shepherd needs a virtual army of volunteers to make our special events a success. For more information, please contact Stacy Geist at 910-763-4424 x113.
- Volunteer in our programs including the Soup Kitchen, Second Helpings, Day Shelter desk, Night Shelter check in, driving our vans to pick up donated foods and supplies, deliver food boxes to recently rehoused guests, cook a meal for our Veterans at the Ashley Center or help our residents at SECU Lakeside Reserve. Liz can help you find the perfect fit for your schedule and interests.
- Donate through your business. Make an in-kind gift of printing or design, join us as a media partner, or donate a company product or service for our event auctions.
- Plan a third party event. Hold a party for Good Shepherd or coordinate a restaurant opening, sports event, garage sale or special shopping day with the proceeds benefiting Good Shepherd and those we serve. The only limit is your imagination!
- Use your company’s matching gift program. Many companies match or even double employee contributions! It’s an easy way to make your gift go even further. Contact your HR Department to see if your company participates.
- Be an advocate for affordable housing. Speak to your elected officials and others about the importance of affordable housing in our community – the proven solution to end homelessness. Contact Good Shepherd if you need materials or more information.
For more information, call 910-763-4424 x110